Friday, December 23, 2011

Odds

This is a section for personal and professional pieces which, for various reasons, I didn't feel fitted into the other sections of the site.


This was an experimental piece I created as a way of playing with colour and composition. I wanted to illustrate something fragmented and 'busy' to communicate a feeling of frustration.


This is a composition of illustrations that made up a theme running through the previous iteration of my site. I wanted to have a selection of everyday objects populating the page, each drawn in my style. Now that the site has moved on, I wanted to keep them on in some spirit.



This was an illustration to a story I was writing some time ago. It depicts one of the main locations in the story; a sort of fantasy pub. Here I was working with a much washier, looser aesthetic than my usual clean, bold-lined style, because I felt at the time it served the storytelling process better.



Once upon a time these guys were going to make up a whole monster-band. Sadly the image was never finished. Maybe one day they will all make beautiful music together...


These are more images I've created for the brand Withit World, in their more traditional style. The company licenses out each character to varying manufacturers, from t-shirts to pencil-cases.



These cutesy creatures were part of another off-shoot of Withit World, this time for a soft, greetings-card-friendly (since that's where they were going to end up) image.



These sassy ladies were part of a pitch to Virgin Atlantic. The aesthetic was reaching for a 'Mad Men' art style. The pitch was produced under Brighton-based animation studio Persistent Peril.


This was an early draft of a personal logo re-design. I'm still figuring out its place in the world, so for now it can live here. The colour scheme and shapes used are a continuation of my experimental love affair with fragmented imagery and clean lines.




No comments: